Today is Labor Day – a day in which Americans stop and recognize the contribution made to our country by workers and laborers. We celebrate by taking the day off of work and enjoy time together with family and friends. Labor Day is seen as a transition time between summer and fall. Today is also a good day to stop and listen to God speak about the work He calls us to do.
- God calls us to abound in good works. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Our works are to proclaim His glory. Matthew 5:16
- Our good works can be seen by all. 1 Timothy 5:25
- Stir each other up to good works. Hebrews 10:24
- We are to commit our work to the Lord. Proverbs 16:3
- The work of God is to believe in Jesus. John 6:29
- Work for the Lord, rather than men. Colossians 3:23
- Bible study prepares us for good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- We are created for good works. Ephesians 2:10
- Our good works bear fruit for God. Colossians 1:10e
My Jesus Resolution today is recommit to doing good works in the Lord. Saved by grace, the things I do and the actions I engage in reveal the transformation being worked by God in my life. The deeper my surrender the more my works take on the character of Jesus. I want all of my labor to be a labor of love for the Savior who showed His great love for me.